Skip to content
- 75 children fell ill after consuming the mid-day meal at Panchayat Bhawan Rikauli, a middle school in Dumra block, Sitamarhi.
- Complaints of vomiting, stomach ache, and headache were reported, leading to the children being taken to Dumra PHC and Sadar Hospital.
- The teachers and cooks fled the scene after facing the villagers’ anger, but the police and departmental officers arrived and calmed the situation.
- About 50 children were treated at PHC, with seven of them being referred to Sadar Hospital. All the children were found to be healthy and were sent home.
- Rumors spread that a lizard or something from a tree had fallen into the food, which led to the children falling ill.
- The food was dumped in a pit near the school in the presence of the Dumra police station and DPM Ayush Kumar.
- Local parents accused the cook of not preparing the food hygienically, and the headmaster was not present during the incident.